Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome to my blog.....

What a day!  I am so excited to start a blog, yet still fumbling my way through it all.  I had the most difficult time selecting a name for my blog.... many of the first titles I chose were taken... others I had typed out were really... well... dumb!  I have a few friends who have these great blogs with great names!!   So I thought, perhaps I should open my bible and see what jumps out at me.  Still... nothing.  Then I turned to Proverbs which happens to be one of my favorite books. I flipped over to Proverbs 31.  "A Wife of Noble Character."  I recalled a song that my daugther wrote for me for Mother's Day some years ago...  she actually sang it at our church and let me just say, there was not a dry eye in the place.   As she sang, I felt people's eyes looking over at me wanting to see my reaction.  I cried, of course, and was very proud of my Meggy!  It was beautiful!  Anyway, the song mentioned this verse in it... "her children arise and call her blessed..."   I felt very blessed that day.  I chose "more precious than rubies" because I feel that it sums up how I feel toward others... my mother, my daughters, my sisters, my friends.... heck my husband and sons for that matter!  Those whom I have had the blessing of knowing, rearing, befriending, marrying are far more precious than any jewel or gold or silver.  So I thought that it would fit just right!  My hope is that I will be able to share my heart with others and that others would in turn share their heart with me.  Be blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment